A kdo ví... možná moje správné místo je nad nimi všemi.
An Unlikely Friendship
Generic Quest: snažím se získat službičky - rozšířit si svůj vliv
History and Politics 1
I will prove my worth!
I am destined to govern
Chudinská čtvrt ve Vahařině 1
Měšťanské Akademie 1
Quest 1 An Unlikely Friendship
This quest is the story of your friendship with someone who helps stabilize you and your life — someone who is your opposite in a lot of ways, but whose perspective keeps you balanced.
The specific story that’s being told will depend on the Arc you’re on.
For instance, if you’re on an Aspect Arc, this is about the perspective they give you on the stuff already going on in your life, and it ends when it leads you to a meaningful insight. If you’re on a Mystic Arc, then it’s more important that they’re an “enemy” of a sort, and yet they’re a better friend to you than the powers and principles that you try to serve.
If there’s no obvious choice for this “unlikely friend,” or even if there is, you can spend time with a few different people — candidates, as it were, including PCs, important NPCs, and random NPCs — before deciding who the quest’s unlikely friend will be. I’m expecting this to be a common thing to do in the first few chapters of the quest.
The HG can award you 5 XP towards this quest when:
[ ] You identify/choose the “unlikely friend” for this Arc.
[ ] You fall, and your friend either pushed your or tries and fails to catch you.
[ ] Your friend picks up a baby, cat, or small animal and panics because they don’t know what to do next.
[ ] Your friend betrays some duty out of loyalty to you — usually, quietly, and just before walking away.
You can earn each bonus once, for a total of up to 20 XP.
1/chapter, you can earn a bonus XP towards this quest when you:
- meet your friend while riding, or go riding with them, on an awesome mount or vehicle — ideally, a flying manta ray of some sort
- have formal or at least fancy teatime with your friend
- spend time with a new possibility to be the “unlikely friend” for this Arc
- tempting them out of their shell
- urging your friend to climb up to you (presumably, you are physically higher)
- hanging out with them on/around great expanses of bare stone
- investigating something with your friend, often in a library
- being dumbstruck by their attempt at impressive clothing and style
- there’s a serious conflict of interest between you and your friend